If you love flowers and want to have beautiful borders with a minimum amount of work and expense, all the information you need to accomplish that will eventually be found on this site, FlowerBorders.info.
I invite you to join me here at Flower Borders.info by subscribing and receiving each new post via email. (It’s so much easier to learn things a little at a time – as I post the information – rather than to try to take on great volumes of information.)
I’ll be covering topics such as
- 8 of the best perennials to start
- Why it’s better to plant more than one of anything.
- How annuals add to your borders.
- Which annuals to choose.
- How to have lots — with a minimum of work and maintenance.
- Other perennials and annuals to add as you go along.
- Roses for the organic border.
- Incorporating herbs into your borders and why
- Shrubs — several suggestions
- Possibly the best evergreen ground covers
- You only need a few tools — What they are.
- Easy ways to start borders.
- How to prepare your borders for planting
I live in Virginia in the Chesapeake Bay area and have been gardening organically for 35 years. My husband and I depend heavily on our vegetable garden for our food. But my passion for flowers and beautiful borders is just as great as my passion for raising what we eat.
Since my first priority has to be my vegetable garden, my flower borders have to be easy care. I have found ways to make them and keep them beautiful with very little attention. I’ll share the information you need to do the same — all organically — here on FlowerBorders.info.
Click here for my most recent post.